What is an accessory?
An accessory is an easy way to add related products to your main product. This is important because it allows you to become more efficient when quoting so you can focus on the large features and let D-Tools do the rest. Below are some examples:
- Add an HDMI as an accessory to an Apple TV
- Add rack screws to your favorite rack
- Add a TV mount to TVs
There are three types of accessories; Optional, Recommended, and Required. Based on the type of accessory, they may or may not prompt you to add them when adding the parent product.
- Optional - Prompt to include this accessory, but don't recommend to include
- Recommended - Prompt to include this accessory, and recommend to include
- Required - No prompt, automatically included
After you add your product (AppleTV) to your quote, you will see a banner at the bottom recommending the accessories.
- Adding accessories to items in the quote
- Adding accessories to items in the catalog (auto add in quote)
- Category rules (accessories, labor, and more)