Based on the questions you answered when setting up your account, you will have defaults set to your account. We at D-Tools feel this best suits your company size, project complexity, and organization, but we want to make sure you can customize to fit your needs.
In the bottom left, you can click on your profile and select settings. From there, select Opportunity Stages in the Opportunity settings.
You will see the predefined opportunity stages in there already. You can add, delete, or edit any of the existing states. Note, there are some requirements for customizing these stages.
- Must have at least one Open, Won, and Lost system stage
- Can only have one Won stage and its percentage must be 100%
- New stage must be mapped to a system stage
System Stage Types
There are 4 different stages. This is important for reports and managing the progress and each status of the opportunities. Here is the definition of each stage:
- Open - Any opportunity that is not closed (won or lost) and you are working to win
- On Hold - Any open opportunity that you have decided you can't do anything with or want to wait to do anything with. This might be someone delaying their AV system 6 months
- Lost - This is an opportunity that you didn't win. For whatever reason they decided to not use you or not do an upgrade to their home
- Won - Congrats! You won the opportunity and are paid or will be shortly
Add/Edit/Remove/Reorder Opportunity Stages
To Add a system, select the New Opportunity Stage button above the table. Name the stage, give it a probability, and give it a system stage.
To Delete a system, click the More menu (3 dots) next to any of the stages. Remember you must have at least one stage for each Open, Lost, and Won system stages.
Drag to reorder the opportunity stages so you can get in an order that matches what you prefer.
Additionally, you can manage your stages from the more menu in the Opportunities View as demonstrated below.