In D-Tools Cloud, ordering stems from the won project. So all your ordering will be done from a project (or at least started from a project).
Once you have a won project, navigate to the list of items in the project (also called quote). Here you will see some additional options that you didn't see in the quote when it was an opportunity.
- Filters on the left sidebar under locations and systems
- Ordering Status in the items
- Ordering functionality
To start, select some desired products that need to be ordered. To be more efficient:
- Select all products by clicking the checkbox in the header of the items table
- Filter products by location, system, phase, supplier, brand, or category, and then select all
- Select multiple products (but not all) by using the checkboxes in each row or by using the shift shortcut when you click to select everything in between.
Ready to Order or Create Purchase Orders
Once you have selected all the products you would like to order, you will notice the right sidebar slides out. Here you can select suppliers, adjust costs, and other beneficial items, but you can also order or mark 'ready to order'.
Ready to Order
Marking products as ready to order is a common approach to ordering. This allows to mark many products across multiple projects as ready to order, then from a list of ready to order products, create purchase orders. Ordering in bulk often saves on freight and sometimes gets discounts based on the supplier.
From within a project, after you have selected the products you are ready to order, click the Ready to Order button in the Ordering section of the sidebar. This will mark the products as ready to order, and you can build purchase orders from this list in the ordering area later.
Create Purchase Orders from a Project
You may find you do a lot of quick projects, only one project at a time, or are smaller company and you only need to order products for a project and now. In that case, the above approach will slow you down. So there is also the option to order products directly from a project.
After you have selected your products, click the Order Now button in the dropdown in the ordering section and you have created some draft purchase orders.
Creating Purchase Orders
Items Ready to Order
In the ordering area, you will find a list of all the products that are ready to be ordered. Just like in the project, you can select the products you want to create a purchase order with, and click the "Create PO for X Selected", or you can also click the "Create POs for All". This will jump into a PO where you can edit it before getting ready to order.
Configure Purchase Orders
After you have selected your products, you can configure a few different items for your purchase orders.
- Purchase Order Details - Purchase order number, total, shipping, tax
- Items - Add or remove products and edit final price before sending off
- Shipping - Shipping address, shipping method, attention, note for supplier
- Billing - Billing address, billing method, dealer contact
- Supplier - Contact, Account Number
After you have configured the above areas, you can export all purchase orders as PDFs for each supplier.
Managing Purchase Orders
Purchase Order Status
You can update the status of a purchase order when you receive confirmation, when its shipped, when its received. You can do so from within the PO or you can do so on the KanBan board or purchase orders.