Whiteboards are a visual way to document various aspects of a system, all in the browser! Some of the ways you can use whiteboards.
- Annotating job-site photos.
- Adding product images to job-site photos.
- Marking up pdfs.
Creating a Whiteboard
To create a Whiteboard, first you will need to navigate to a Quote. From a Quote you have two ways to create a new Whiteboard.
- Create a whiteboard from an existing attachment by selecting it for preview and choosing the "Create Whiteboard" button.
- You can create a new Whiteboard anywhere you can add an attachment in the quote using the "+ New" button.
In this article we will demonstrate the creation of a Whiteboard from the Attachments tab.
Go to the Overview section of your Quote and then to Attachments. Click the "+ New" button and choose "Whiteboard" to continue.
Now you will be redirected to your newly created Whiteboard!
Whiteboards can be used to do many things. In this section we will review the basic elements of a Whiteboard.
- Select - Allows you to select objects you've added to the Whiteboard so that they can be moved, resized, or deleted.
- Text - Is used to write text on the whiteboard.
- Ink - A freehand drawing tool for marking up your whiteboard.
- Erase - Allows you to remove ink from the Whiteboard.
- Upload Image - Allows you to add job-site photos or floorplans to the Whiteboard.
Below is an example of an image that has:
- A television added from the Quote's bill of materials added over the fireplace.
- A callout around the cabinet with dimensions of the available space.
Now the you have created a Whiteboard you can:
- Use the more menu in the upper-right corner to print this document for your client or team.
- Include this in your Proposal in either the Gallery or Attachments section. When attached, this document is a living document that the user can explore within the proposal.